Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Don't take Balestier lightly: Simunic.

Brunei DPMM FC's coach Vjeran Simunic has warned his players not to underestimate bottom of the league,Balestier Khalsa when both teams meet in the league tomorrow night at Toa Payoh Stadium tomorrow night.

In an interview yersterday, Simunic said: "We are a new team in the league and Balestier Khalsa have been in the league for many years.They are an experienced team.Although they are currently at the bottom of the league that doesn't mean they would not put up a good fight."

"Currently, we are in a good positionand we want to continue to play well to bring the unbeaten run back home for the next home game against Senglang Punggol on March,24."

"With an unbeaten streak against Balestier, our confidence will be boosted and we will play better in front of the home fans," Simunic added.

On the players, he said: "With a week's break our players are recovering and I expect a better show from them. However, Shahrazen is still in doubt after missing a training session yesterday while Abdul Hamid's fitness is still suspect for the full 90 minutes."

On Brunei DPMM FC's four imports, he said: "I am still observing Abdel Hamid Berguiga and Oh Ddog Yi, both footballers are still very new to me.Both are good strikers but how they can communicate with each other, we will have to see.Rene Komar and Ivan Jerkovic are no strangers to me.Rene has been with DPMM for years while I knew Ivan back in Croatia."

He reiterated that the new imports still need time to adapt themselves to the team.

"I am not satisfied with Hamid and Ddog Yi when they didn't play much defence against Geylang United," he added.

On the reason for signing another year's contract with DPMM, the coach said: "When I came from Croatia, I left a club which is very similar with DPMM."

"I came here to change a team. I work hard for the team and now, the team has improved.If I can't change a team, I will leave.

As fans can see, we have improved with each game.And I hope one day the stadium will be full with fans supporting the team."

Balester Khalsa who were at the bottom of the league last year have three South American and one American import players.They are Julio eduardo of Chile, Eduardo Moura and Ithamar Rangel of Brazil and Seth Galloway from USA.

The game between Brunei DPMM and Balestier Khalsa will kick start at 7.45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment